Request a digital copy of the White Paper here with a valid business email account.
The financial sector, already buffeted by pressures from the pandemic was further faced with the challenges of workforce changes, increased competition from new digital entrants and shifting consumer behaviour.
The sector needed to actively look in to deploying new technologies to improve time to market, efficiency, speed of service, and ultimately customer experience. This new wave of digital disruption has forced a heavier reliance on technology and telecommunications infrastructure to deliver products and services. In response to overwhelming demands to adapt and thrive, firms in the sector, have had to accelerate their digital transformation journeys.
As the pandemic evolved, financial services institutions in Singapore were forced to review their operations by looking into:
- Adopting remote working or hybrid working models to protect employees’ and customers’ safety while ensuring business continuity
- Transforming digitally with the advent of Big Data and Blockchain requiring enhanced data governance to be balanced with convenience and speed of service
- Protecting digital infrastructure from cyber threats
- Ensuring adequate or redundant computing resources and data storage to handle online usage spikes
In view of these world trends, SPTel invited leaders from financial services sector including fund management and proprietary trading firms, as well as three pioneering digital exchanges to participate in a roundtable discussion hosted by Eric Neo Say Wei, Chairman, Neo & Partners in Singapore. This whitepaper is a cumulation of the insights and opinions shared during the roundtable session and explores how capital markets leaders can leverage intelligent network infrastructure solutions that will enable them to stay ahead of competitors on the digital journey.
This paper was written with the support of the following notable business leaders:
- Albert Ee, CEO, Pilgrim Partners Asia (PTE.) LTD.
- Brandon Chiang, Managing Partner, Pinnacle Capital Asia
- Darius Liu, Co-Founder & Group Chief Strategy Officer, ADDX
- Derwin Chua, Director, Legend Arb Financial Group
- Gabriel Wong, Founder & CEO, Cyberdyne Tech Exchange
- Jamie Yu, Director, CME Group
- Juzar Motiwalla, Co-Founder, Zilliqa
- Kazuomi Tanioka, Deputy Head, Tokyo Stock Exchange
- Min Li, CTO, Asia Pacific Exchange
- Stephen Fisher, CIO, First Degree Global Asset Management
- Steve Knabl, Managing Partner, Swiss Asia Financial Services
- Willie Chang, COO, Hg Exchange
- Xianhan Seah, COO of Integer Alpha
- Zhi Rui Ang, CEO, EEX Asia
- Titus Yong, CEO, SPTel
- Hosted by Eric Neo Say Wei, Chairman, Neo & Partners Singapore