ST Engineering is a MNC with a global network of subsidiaries and associated companies that spans Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the U.S. They own a controlling stake in SPTel, a joint venture with SP Group, and are looking to accelerate the expansion of this strategic asset.
SPTel is a Business Class Digital Services provider that promises:
- Fully digitalised processes, enabling on demand provisioning of services such as Bandwidth and cyber security
- Business Grade connectivity standards that include <1ms ultra low latency performance and clean-pipe connectivity as a default
- True network diversity for improved reliability with unique fibre pathways and facilities that are physically separate from incumbent telcos
- Innovative services such as IoT-a-a-S and Edge Cloud computing
We are well recognised in the industry clinching numerous awards for our cutting-edge telco services and have doubled our customer base annually in the last 3 years. We were also featured in the CNA documentary “Home-Grown with a Digital Edge”.
These accolades and achievements are the result of us meticulously grooming a team of talents and specialists to be part of our exciting journey and we are looking to grow our team. If you are a skilled and driven individual, do join us as co-creators of the future of SPTel.
- Lead role to maintain and support SPTel’s Cloud and Edge Cloud Platform and Service.
- Deploy, install, provision, troubleshoot, and report for all OpenStack, VMware & Hyper V infrastructure and related Cloud services
- Develop and test Open Virtualization Tools, CI/CD Tools and DevOps capabilities
- Develop and implement maintenance plans and activities for Cloud infrastructure including: application of fixes, security patches and upgrades, capacity increases and other Cloud related maintenance
- Provide advanced technical and engineering support to both internal groups and customers
- Assist cross functional teams in troubleshooting and problem identification
- Evaluate and analyse systems, performance, issues and metrics in order to provide recommendations for service improvements; diagnose, solve and provide root cause analysis for application, hardware, network, and operating system issues
- Support project quality assurance activities; and adhere to proper escalation and change control procedures.
- Knowledge of all NFV/ infrastructure technologies (compute, storage, networking, physical infrastructure, software, commercial off the shelf (COTS) and open source packages and solutions, virtual and cloud including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS); infrastructure management tools and monitoring tools; solution sizing for hardware/software platforms; industry standard security requirements and designs.
- Ability to support and write technical documentation; evaluate and test emerging technologies.
- Individual must know how to put in a system, operationalize it, minimal downtime, bring engineering perspective/thought leadership.
- Forward thinking on tech, keeping current with best practices and industry trend.
- Good understanding of Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud configuration, diversity across platforms.
- Strong network understanding, can write fire wall rules, source destination, port, understanding a 3 tier network.
- 3 – 5 Years of experience in OpenStack, Kubernetes, CBIS/CBAM/CBND, CommVault, with Degree in IT, Computer Science or relevant field preferred.