ST Engineering is a MNC with a global network of subsidiaries and associated companies that spans Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the U.S. They own a controlling stake in SPTel, a joint venture with SP Group, and are looking to accelerate the expansion of this strategic asset.
SPTel is a Business Class Digital Services provider that promises:
- Fully digitalised processes, enabling on demand provisioning of services such as Bandwidth and cyber security
- Business Grade connectivity standards that include <1ms ultra low latency performance and clean-pipe connectivity as a default
- True network diversity for improved reliability with unique fibre pathways and facilities that are physically separate from incumbent telcos
- Innovative services such as IoT-a-a-S and Edge Cloud computing
We are well recognised in the industry clinching numerous awards for our cutting-edge telco services and have doubled our customer base annually in the last 3 years. We were also featured in the CNA documentary “Home-Grown with a Digital Edge”.
These accolades and achievements are the result of us meticulously grooming a team of talents and specialists to be part of our exciting journey and we are looking to grow our team. If you are a skilled and driven individual, do join us as co-creators of the future of SPTel.
- Reviews design documents and provides feedback on approach and estimates
- Participate fully in Agile Scrum team’s development cycle and strictly adhere to the development process, coding standards and guidelines
- Responsible for translating requirements into API Design and writing of interface specification
- Develops the code based on high level design and low level design and Executes the unit testing. Peer review of the code
- Ensures that software meets or exceed specified standards and end-user requirements.
- Min 4 years of experience as Java/J2EE developer
- Strong knowledge of API development and webservices (WSDL Soap, Restful)
- Strong knowledge of the java frameworks (Spring MVC, Spring Security)
- Proficient and hands on with Application Servers (Weblogic, Tomcat, JBoss)
- Good knowledge of relation database, specifically Oracle (SQL – PL/SQL) and Mariadb
- Technical expertise in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of software
- API gateway experience (such as APIGee, tyk.io, Mulesoft) would be added advantage
- Experience in load balancing and proxying (HAProxy, Nginx)
- Knowledge of UI development (JSP, HTML, CSS, Ajax, XML) is an added advantage
- Service Provider / Telecommunication knowledge (TMForum SID)
- Excellent communication
- 4-7 Years of Experience; Degree in Engineering/Computer Science preferred