SPTel is a joint venture between ST Engineering and SP Group and since 2017, SPTel has embarked on a journey to transform the business from a passive infrastructure leasing company into an advance digital services provider. Since then, SPTel has launched several key services into the market such as Software Defined Network (SDN), IOTaaS, Edge Computing, Managed Services and Enterprise Mobility.
- Establish relationships with new customers and secure contracts with new customers that achieve assigned sales quotas and targets
- Drive the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed sales, monitor service delivery and invoicing to customers.
- Prospect for potential customers using various direct methods such as cold calling, door-to-door sales, face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking and marketing activities. (Pure hunter role)
- Qualify prospects against company criteria for ideal customers and sales
- Consult with prospect about business challenges and requirements, as well as the range of options and cost benefits of each.
- Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects.
- Make presentations to senior management and decision makers
- Draft and deliver proposals
- Work with technical staff and product specialists where required to address customer requirements
- Develop and maintain sales and territory plans which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis
- Report on sales activity regularly.
- Keep detailed notes on prospect and customer interactions weekly.
- Provide forecasts on best case and most likely sales volumes monthly.
- Work with delivery teams to proactively address problems
- Cultivate strong relationships with third party and partner companies that may be required to deliver full solutions to customers
- Work with product and marketing to plan and execute lead generation campaigns
- Provide feedback to sales management on ways to decrease the sales cycle, enhance sales, and improve company brand and reputation
- Provide feedback to company management on win lose analysis, market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and opportunities to deliver greater value to customers by extending company offerings
- Identify sales support requirements and work with marketing to develop improve sales tools
- Be a positive representative of the company and its brand in the marketplace
- Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity
- Fresh Diploma/ITE holders in Engineering or related IT fields with a keen interest in the telecommunications industry
- Candidates who had done sales jobs on part-time/temp basis with proven track records in achieving sales targets would have an advantage.
- Familiar with telecom services like Dark Fiber, Lease lines, Ethernet, MPLS, Colocation, Cloud, SDN, NFV, and etc would have an advantage.
- Strong command of English and able to engage stakeholders
- Independent, Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Outgoing with good interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative problem-solving skills