ST Engineering is a MNC with a global network of subsidiaries and associated companies that spans Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the U.S. They own a controlling stake in SPTel, a joint venture with SP Group, and are looking to accelerate the expansion of this strategic asset.
SPTel is a Business Class Digital Services provider that promises:
- Fully digitalised processes, enabling on demand provisioning of services such as Bandwidth and cyber security
- Business Grade connectivity standards that include <1ms ultra low latency performance and clean-pipe connectivity as a default
- True network diversity for improved reliability with unique fibre pathways and facilities that are physically separate from incumbent telcos
- Innovative services such as IoT-a-a-S and Edge Cloud computing
We are well recognised in the industry clinching numerous awards for our cutting-edge telco services and have doubled our customer base annually in the last 3 years. We were also featured in the CNA documentary “Home-Grown with a Digital Edge”.
These accolades and achievements are the result of us meticulously grooming a team of talents and specialists to be part of our exciting journey and we are looking to grow our team. If you are a skilled and driven individual, do join us as co-creators of the future of SPTel.
We are looking for a technologist with a variety of skills, a strong technical mind and an eagerness to learn new technologies to work in our newly created Innovation/Networks Lab and has a service first mindset to support our internal stakeholders in corp IT support matters.
This role is responsible to build, test, implement, configure, tune and support the IT infrastructure in the cloud and on-premise, to include the server platforms, storage systems, middleware infrastructure, network and client technologies
- Support corp IT network and devices, including resolving support tickets and onboarding new staff
- Manage corp IT network, hypervisor, VM
- Performing complex technical duties in support of Product Testing
- Using your individual expertise to solve difficult technical and system problems
- Handling support and troubleshooting of various hardware and networking issues
- Utilizing expertise to deal with and solve particularly difficult problems
- Installing and configuring network switches, routers, compute servers and other communications platforms
- Performing assembly, erection and installation of equipment racks, cabinets, shelves and bays, and the installation of telecommunications hardware equipment in these containers
- Performing various tasks associated with cabling installation for telecommunication equipment, to include Networking and hardware
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics Engineering or minimum Diploma in IT with 3 years relevant experiences
- Preferably with Microsoft Windows Certification, VMware Certification and/or Cisco certification
Required Experience & Skills
- 3+ years of experience in building and supporting large scale data networks
- Moderate knowledge in routing protocols and layer 2 switching
- Strong IP knowledge, including TCP and UDP
- Experience with router platforms and Layer 3 Switching
- Good understanding of security infrastructure
- Experience with scripting languages, such as bash, python, and Ansible
- Familiarity of cloud compute and virtualization environments such as: Hyper-V, VMware ESXi, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud
- Good understanding of compute, storage and network telecommunications concept